Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 1 of 101

Monday 1/31/11
Bikram Kearny Mesa
6:30 am w/ Kim

OK. So that cold was hanging on a bit longer than I expected. Or maybe I was just making excuses. Regardless. The 101 Day Bikram Challenge starts today!!

Good class. Not very hot and I'm not quite as flexible first thing in the morning anyway - so I wasn't able to get as deep into many of the postures as usual. But solid practice, especially after 3+ weeks of no yoga at all. I am actually amazed that I hadn't regressed much at all and very excited to see where the next 14 weeks and 3 days take me.

My mantra during savasana is, "Release everything unnecessary." And I must have stirred up something becasue when I got home I began to get the blurry vision that usually means a migraine is coming. I took some Aleve and burned some sage and took a few minutes to relax while I drank my coffee. What do you know it is gone already. Cool. Now it's time to jump in the shower and head to work.

Wishing everyone a fantastic Monday!

Aloha & Namaste,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment