Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day #35

Home Practice - Jivamukti (53 min) #124
Friday

Home Practice - Baptiste (60 min) #125
Saturday

Home Practice - Bikram #126
Sunday

Well I didn't make it to Manny's class but I did the Bikram audio cd at home. Overall decent practice.

Yesterday I watched the discussion w/ David Life, Sharon Gannon, and Michael Franti that came with the "Power to the Peaceful Yoga" DVD. The Jivamukti practice is sort of like a blend between the Baptiste and Bikram styles in that it flows but then holds static poses. It is still pretty different, though. Generally less intense - especially since I need to modify some of the postures as a beginner - but I do like it. And their philosophy TOTALLY resonates with me. They are all about making the world a better place through your everyday actions and using yoga practice to become a better person from the inside out. Really wonderful food for thought.

2 comments:

  1. How do you think the home Bikram practice compares to a class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less intense for sure. Still an excellent workout but not quite as sweaty cause I don't heat the room too much. And my focus tends to be better without all the other people.

    ReplyDelete