Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bikram Kaimuki - class #83
Saturday 11 am w/ Noa

Bikram Kaimuki - class #84
Sunday 6:30 pm w/ Noa

Two good classes w/ Noa two days in a row.

Saturday I felt much stronger. Noa even commented to me after class how great I look and how well my practice is coming along. And even though I know it's true, I just never get tired of hearing it. ;))

Sunday was really hot and I was tired coming into class. I ended up sitting out second set of triangle and both sides of toe stand because I was feeling exhausted and overwhelmed towards the end of the standing series. Once we hit the floor I recuperated a little and was able to finish strong.

Something Noa said in class yesterday has really stayed with me. She said that as you develop a regular practice one of the hardest things to remember is to come into each class with no expectations and leave with no judgments. But it is crucial to learn to do this. I feel like I already knew that on a certain level but still have much work to do in this respect. I've made tremendous progress over the last few months. I need to recognize how far I've come and cut myself some slack when I have a rough day.

The green smoothie challenge is still going really well. I feel like it is the perfect complement to Bikram Yoga and I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. It's even harder to leave class without judgment when you know you will be writing a blog post about it later. It's not always easy to stay on the side of truthful observation, and not cross over into judging yourself. But it sounds to me like you are doing a pretty fair job of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Duffy. I find myself thinking during the class sometimes about what stood out that I can write about later. I have to tell my brain to hush up and focus on the moment.

    ReplyDelete