Wednesday, April 1, 2009

17 & 18/60

Bikram Kaimuki - class #75
Sunday 6:30 pm w/ Kevo

Bikram Kaimuki - class #76
Wednesday 8:15 pm w/ Jeremy

So as you can see I missed a couple days in a row of yoga. I had a weird pinch in my hip that made it painful to even walk. Was it truly bad enough to miss class? Maybe on Monday, probably not on Tuesday. Oh well. My 60 day challenge is pretty much kaput. But I do want to make it to AT LEAST 120 classes before I leave 5/16 for my visit to the mainland. That's 44 classes in 47 days. So I will still need to do some doubles in order to make up for the 5 days I know I'll be off island between now and then.

I'd also like to reach 40 lbs lost - which means I need to step things up a bit. That's 6 weeks away so I believe it's totally doable. My diet has got to improve, though. More fruits and vegetables. No more fast food. Green smoothies every day. As a reward, if I reach 196 lbs or lower before I leave then I will get my first ever tattoo on my ankle while I'm in the Bay Area. I figure it's the perfect time since I'll be on vacation and it won't be too hard for me to stay out of the studio for a week or so. Staying out of the water will be a little more difficult, but that's the price I've gotta pay.

I apologize again for not writing so much lately. I am crazy busy at work these days. Hopefully, after our big event next next week my life should get a little bit back to normal. At that point I will resume working through Meditations from the Mat.

Best of luck to everybody in their challenges! I have the utmost respect for you who've done 30 or 60 or even 90+ days. Maybe I'll complete one eventually. Just not in the cards for me right now.

Today's Weight: 214.5(!!)

Today's Food Choices:
vanilla iced coffee
pancakes w/ margarine & syrup
(9 am - McDonald's)
6" tuna sandwich on honey oat
bag of Doritos
(3:30 pm - Subway)
chocolate chip cookie
peanut butter cookie
sugar cookie
(5:30 pm - work)
2 small brownies
(10:30 pm - home)

3 comments:

  1. Ellen~ there will always be other 30 or 60 day challenges to complete. Your dedication to getting there as much as you can is what counts. Like your blog indicates~ its a journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swore off fast food in February of 2008. I don't miss it at all. It's one of things that seems hard to do when you are eating it, but actually is much easier than I had imagined. (Same went for not drinking or eating any "diet" products, especially diet sodas.) If you did just that, it would be bigger yoga than happening to make the full 60 days on a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for Green Smoothies! They give me mega energy... LOVE THEM!!!

    Cheers,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete