Saturday, March 28, 2009

15 & 16/60

Bikram Kaimuki - class #73
Friday 6:30 pm w/ Kevo

Bikram Kaimuki - class #74
Saturday 4:30 pm w/ Jeremy

I brought my friend, Suzy, to yoga Friday and then she brought her friend, Anne, today. Both really liked it and signed up for the $30 intro special. They're going to try to come every day for the 30 days. Wow. Usually it's hit or miss with friends. My roommate who I brought over a year ago absolutely hated it. She tried 2 classes but then never wanted to come back. She is much more into the flow vinyasa style a la Bapiste. To each his own, though - you know?

Two solid classes for me. Lately, I have been getting my forehead much more squarely on my knee during standing separate leg stretching. Today I actually grabbed my knee on both sides during spine twisting. Got a compliment from Jeremy on my form in standing bow-pulling. That is probably my favorite posture. I can't keep my standing leg completely locked the whole time and I usually fall out after about 20 seconds in the full expression. But I am able to stretch my foot way back and over my head so I actually look pretty good in this pose. This excites me because I can see myself making it to a full standing split sometime in the distant future. I have a background in ballet and I used to be able to do the splits against a wall. That was years and years ago - but if I was able to do it at one time I am determined that I will get there again.

In addition I went swimming today at the pool by my house. I did 1100 yards at a leisurely pace - which is not really a lot for me. I want to work up to doing 1700 yards which is about a mile. It felt really good to be outside and to be in the water. Water energizes me. I love the smell of chlorine, too. I know that sounds funny but it reminds me of swim team. I did find that I was extra hot in yoga - probably from getting a little sun this afternoon.

We observed Earth Hour from 8:30-9:30 tonight by turning off all our lights throughout the whole house. We actually sat down and shared a glass of wine and conversation by candlelight. It was very nice. May try to make it a regular practice. Hawaii is a little apathetic, though. It didn't seem like many people here were willing sacrifice their electricity for an hour on a Sat night. Oh well. We put our good intention out there and that's what matters.



Today's Weight: 211.0

Today's Food Choices:
coffee w/ vanilla soy milk
kona chocolate chip pancakes
(11 am - home)
taco salad w/ lettuce, salsa, beans, rice, guacamole
served in a cripsy tostada shell
(6:30 pm - Cafe Mulvadi)
1 glass Calumbia Crest pinot noir
(8:30 pm - home)

No comments:

Post a Comment