Monday, June 15, 2009

Day #15

Bikram Hawaii Kai - class #105
Sunday 6 pm w/ Manny

Home Practice - Baptiste (70 min) #106
Monday

Did the Baptiste DVD, "Power Yoga Level 2 - The Next Challenge", tonight. So far it is my favorite non-Bikram workout. He incorporates most of the 26 postures from the Bikram sequence (or at least variations thereof) along with several additional poses into a vinyasa flow series that is pretty strenuous, but really enjoyable. Lots of "plank position" and "downward dog" so my shoulders are burning a little.

I only did 3 studio workouts last week so my goal is to do 5 this week. Shouldn't be too tough. I am just really liking alternating studio days w/ non-studio days. So it will be interesting to see how my body responds to going to the studio 3 days in a row.

I am feeling really good. School is a bitch right now and I don't know how I'd be able to deal with the stress if it wasn't for the daily yoga. I've been sort of wondering why in the world I wouldn't keep practicing every day after the 101 days are up. It hasn't really been a struggle at all. I will have to see how I feel 12 or so weeks from now. But I'm predicting that I'll be even more addicted to getting my daily yoga glow.

4 comments:

  1. "I've been sort of wondering why in the world I wouldn't keep practicing every day after the 101 days are up." Now THAT'S what I like to hear!! Hooray! That was my feeling too... can't believe it's been almost 2 years now since I did my first "30 day challenge" and basically forgot to stop... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just feel so much better w/ the yoga. Why would I not take the time to make sure I feel this good everyday? It's kind of a no-brainer. The challenge is more about developing the habit and proving to myself that I *can* find a way to make time each day for my yoga practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were in school. What are you taking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now I'm taking an anatomy & Physiology lab. I took the lecture last semester and this is SO much harder. It's only one unit but it's a whole semester compressed into six weeks.

    ReplyDelete