Monday, June 8, 2009

Day #7

Home Parctice - Bikram #97
Saturday

Bikram Hawaii Kai - #98
Sunday 6 pm w/ Manny

Last night was my first time back in the Bikram studio in 3 weeks. I went to Hawaii Kai because I bought a package of 10 when I was there before my trip. And even though it was only my 3rd time at that particular studio, it still felt like I had come home. I even got a little bit emotional during the first pranayama breathing exercise because I felt so deeply that I belonged there in that room doing that practice at that very moment. This yoga is truly amazing. It has worked its way down into my soul.

I had a really strong practice, probably my best yet. I was able to get deeper into most of the poses and my focus was really good. The class was really crowded and I barely even noticed. I was also able to stay in most of the balancing postures longer than usual. Overall a really fantastic class. Everything just clicked. The instructor even commented to me after that he appreciated my focus. That's always nice. ;))

I feel like the yoga cross training is working. I am not sore any more, I just feel worked out. My Bikram postures feel like they are getting better. I am going deeper into most of the positions and I am holding my balance longer. On the Baptiste side, I feel like I am getting the routine a little better each time I do it. We shall see how the weeks progress. But so far I would say that this experiment has been very beneficial. I have a renewed passion and respect for the practice of yoga.

2 comments: