Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day #21

Bikram Kaimuki - class #111
Saturday 4:30 pm w/ Kevo

Home Practice - Baptiste (45 min) #112
Sunday

WOW. 3 weeks straight doing yoga every day. I feel fantastic. Although I must admit my back is kinda sore after 2 days in a row of Kevo classes. He just has a knack for getting me to push myself to the edge. And maybe a little past the edge sometimes. I'm hoping that after tonight's fairly mellow workout it will be better tomorrow.

I'm really going to try to alternate studio days w/ home days so that I'm not doing the exact same sequence (including Bikram) any 2 days in a row. I feel like my body does better with that kind of variety. At least for now. But I am really stoked to keep on going strong without skipping a single day of yoga for the next 11 weeks and maybe even beyond.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Ellen! Three straight weeks is quite an accomplishment. I think it's awesome you're mixing up your practice with various styles of yoga. I loved doing Baptiste intermixed with Bikram---they provide such similar and yet wholly different benefits.

    And, I think it's that much more impressive that you're motivating yourself to practice at home, too. That's something I'm really not sure I'd ever be able to do.

    Pats on the back! Bravo! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah! I just got myself in the mindset that it isn't negotiable. I *will* do yoga even if it's midnight when I finally get around to it.

    ReplyDelete