Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day #28

Home Practice - Baptiste (70 min) #117
Friday

Bikram Hawaii Kai - class #118
Saturday 6 pm w/ Manny

Home Practice - Baptiste (45 min) #119
Sunday

I forgot how much I like Manny's class. He moves a bit faster through the 26 postures than other Bikram teachers I've had. But I really enjoy his take on the series. I also really like the radiant heat. It seems much hotter than the Kaimuki studio. Feels like it heats you through to your core and I am able to get deeper into the postures in a shorter period of time.

My roommate helped me put up a 30" x 60" mirror in my yoga room. Tonight's practice was the first one I did in front of the mirror. I love being able to check my alignment while I am doing postures now. Such a helpful tool, don't know how I ever got along without it.

I am really happy with my progress so far. Still not proficient at the Baptiste videoes, but getting better every day. I really can't wait for my new yoga dvd's to come this week. I am so excited to try classes with Seane Corn, Shiva Rea, David Life, and Sharon Gannon. I am going to be in yoga heaven with all the new insights and the variety in yoga styles. I feel almost like a kid counting down the days until Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Be prepared to stare openmouthed at Shiva Rea. I can't believe what she is capable of...she makes it all look so easy. I love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Just from watching the trailers and reading a little bit about her I predict that she will be my new favorite. ;))

    ReplyDelete