Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day #17

Bikram Hawaii Kai - class #107
Tuesday 7:30 pm w/ Manny

Home Practice - Baptiste (45 min) #108
Wednesday

Really just glad that I got in a yoga workout at all today.

The DVD I did tonight, Baptiste's "Power Yoga Level 3 - The Ultimate Challenge", is really tough but only 45 minutes long. So it's very good to do at home when you're on a time crunch. I am not nearly proficient at any of the Baptiste DVD's yet. But I know that my skill level will improve with time. Especially as I get stronger and lose a little bit of bulk. Any workout that I could do at all well the first couple times through would have me bored in a couple of months anyway. These give me something to work towards.

Yesterday I took another hot class w/ Manny. I was a little annoyed because this was the second day I've been at this studio when he let students join the class late. Significantly late. During pranayama breathing is one thing, but people kept trickling in through the whole first set of half moon and hands to feet pose. I do understand that the class time has changed recently, but still. This was a crowded class so people had to shift their mats over to make room each time someone else came in. What is up with that?

As you can probably tell, I started to really get my panties in a bunch about it. I know it is the teacher or owner's prerogative as to when to cut off latecomers, but in that moment it seemed grossly unfair to those of us who took the trouble to get the time right and make it to class early. But then I decided to just stop and began working on my focus to breathe through the annoyance and let it go. That way I could at least enjoy the rest class.

SIGH. I hope that this does not turn out to be a regular thing because I really don't like starting out the class with a big fat chip on my shoulder. And to be honest, it has slightly tarnished my otherwise high opinion of this teacher. Whatever. Clearly, I am *not* the boss of the universe. Much as I seem to think I should be sometimes. ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment