Monday, March 2, 2009

MEDITATION #21

Bikram Kaimuki - class #53
8:15 pm w/ Michele

Tonight's class was pretty mellow. Nothing major to report. It wasn't too hot and Michele didn't hold any of the poses too, too long. Not a cake walk, but another semi auto-pilot class. There were several new students so she demonstrated proper form for quite a few of the postures - which is always a good reminder for me. My knee was still feeling a little weird but I powered through anyway. Fearlessly, but not recklessly as Kevo would say.

I also had a couple of the regulars comment to me how good I'm doing and that I'm looking much slimmer - which was a nice little ego boost. I realize that the changes are happening but it's especially validating when it gets to the point where other people start to notice. Gives me an extra ounce of motivation to keep up with what I'm doing.

Today's meditation in a nutshell is about learning to go where you have to go. Gates tells us that the obstacles in our path *are* the path. He also says, "Every time we stretch beyond our resistance and our fear we make a choice for life. And every time we choose life, we find that fear loses its grip on us." I just love that. Incremental choices, incremental changes. Actions that add up piece by piece, moment by moment. And before long nothing in my life will ever be the same as it was before I started on this journey.


Today's Weight: 216.0


Today's Food Choices:
cafe mocha w/ soy milk
glazed doughnut w/ chocolate frosting
(10 am - The Patisserie)
vegetarian spring rolls
Vietnamese noodles w/ lettuce & bean sprouts
(2 pm - Star Vietnam Pho)
strawberry, banana, apple juice smoothie
(7 pm - Coffee Talk)

No comments:

Post a Comment