Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MEDITATION #22

I decided to take another night off. I went to the grocery store after work and not straight to yoga class like I know I should. Because once I get home there's always a chance that I'll lose motivation. When I pack my stuff and take it with me in the morning then I have no excuse not to go to the studio. But lately I'm telling myself things like, "I'll go to 8:15 class because so and so is teaching" or "I don't like 6:30 class because it's too crowded." Bottom line - I'm much more likely to make it to class if I don't stop off at home first.

It also appears that my little slip up w/ the cheesecake the other night is still haunting me. I am totally breaking out. My back, my scalp, my forehead. It's ridiculous. I usually have pretty clear skin, but right now I am seriously detoxing from something. And the only thing that I've done that is significantly different is the dairy in that damn cheesecake. Just another indicator (as if I really needed yet another) that I should steer clear. It obviously does not agree with my body.

Today's meditation is summed in the concept that ignorance creates all other obstacles. The quote from Gates that struck me the most was, "I felt I could spend a hundred lifetimes just refining my own ability to have a good day." God, he could be talking about me. I see the progress that I have made but realize that there is an infinite amount more to work on. I am not perfect, non of us are. I comfort myself in the fact that at least I am aware of how far I still have to go. The learning and growing is never really over. This meditation has so many levels. I think that, once again, I am going to sit with it for another day to let the different facets percolate in my brain.


Today's Weight: 216.0


Today's Food Choices:
vanilla hazelnut coffee w/ soy milk
blueberry croissant
(9 am - 1132 Cafe)
burrito w/ black beans, guacamole, rice, lettuce, salsa
grilled and covered in enchilada sauce
Itoen green tea
(1:30 pm - Taqueria Ramirez)
Pasta Roni olive oil & vermicelli
w/ frozen veggies mixed in

(8 pm - home)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen, I can so relate!! I go to my classes after work at either 5:30 or 6:30pm. I do this because if I go home it's a wrap, and I'm done for the night. On weekends it's hard for me to drag my hind parts to the studio. I keep stalling on what class I'm going to take. It's crazy. I love the yoga, but I know I have a propensity make excuses with any physical activity so I try to make things easier on myself by sticking to my system.

    I can also relate on the diary front. My body pretty much hates it. I'll have a little maybe once every couple months, but that's it. It takes a couple days for me to get it out of my system once I've done the deed. It's too bad, cuz it's so yummy. I grew up on dairy as I'm from Wisconsin. Who knew it was the cause of my acne?

    I wish you a wonderful class today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, thank you for posting your journey - successes AND challenges here. I, too, am on a weight release plan. Like you, I'm trying to build blocks to success one block at a time. First with Bikram and taking vitamins/supplements and getting my water in! Now, it's onto the food journey.

    ReplyDelete