Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MEDITATION #4

I didn't go to yoga this evening because I was having a pretty bad allergy, sinus thing happening for the latter part of the day. I did make it to my A&P class but then stopped to get pho and went home. Seems like I made the right decision cause I am still having a very hard time breathing. Going to take some Benadryl and go to bed. Tomorrow's another day and I hope that I feel better then.

In today's meditation Gates says to let your practice be the canoe - to get in and then shove off shore. He also says, "Let your practice be a refuge from your need to control." I've often heard Jeremy and Kevo say not to think during class but to let them do the thinking for you for 90 minutes. I do try to go with the flow and to let the practice take me where it will. But I will try even harder to relinquish thinking that I know what's best or what I'm capable of doing in a given class. And instead try to surrender and just relax into the process.

Today's Weight: 216.0

TOTAL OF 20 POUNDS LOST


Today's Food Choices:
Egg McMuffin
sandwich
hash brown patty

large vanilla iced coffee
(alas, from McDonald's - but 730 calories vs. 990)

scoop yellow curry w/ tofu & vegetables

small piece veggie lasagna

small salad w/ raisins & sunflower seeds

scoop white rice w/ Bragg's Amino Acids
lentil & vegetable soup

(from Govindaji's)

9 Hershey's kisses
vegetarian pho soup
(from SuperPho)
8 oz Kombucha


No comments:

Post a Comment