Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MEDITATION #9

Bikram Kaimuki - class #43
8:15 pm w/ Jeremy

Tonight I had a pretty good class. I sorta felt like I had to pee about halfway through, which made for an interesting floor series. But I didn't leave the room. And I did almost straighten my leg completely on both sides of floor head to knee stretching. Nothing fantastic, but nothing terrible either. Just an overall decent class.

My goals for the rest of this week are to drink *at least* a gallon of water every day and to eliminate all obvious animal products. I am trying to drink my water between meals and not with them because I understand that is better for digestion. Moving forward I am also going to list the times I'm eating in order to see if there's a pattern worth noting. And I am going to try to be better about taking my supplements. I have been pretty religious about taking the nano silver and chaga both AM & PM as well as the Yoga Body at least an hour before class, but I need to keep up with my schedule for the rest of them as well.

Today's meditation is pretty deep. It talks about abhyasa which loosely translated means practice. But Gates tells us that abhyasa is also the attitude with which practice is approached and that aspect of it is unconditional. In his words, "It is the dedicated, unswerving application of what you believe in." I don't know that I have reached that point in any facet of my life. But it is certainly something that I strive for. I have moments of surrendering to the process, but these are interspersed with periods of trying too hard to make life look like I think it should. So this is an area where I need work. And my willingness is enough to get me started on the path to getting there someday.


Today's Weight: 218.5


Today's Food Choices:
20 oz cafe mocha w/ soy milk
macadamia nut muffin
(10 am - The Patisserie)
veggie & avocado sandwich on a croissant
(2 pm - Baile)
24 oz pineapple, banana, spinach, mint, orange juice smoothie
(6 pm - home)

No comments:

Post a Comment