Sunday, February 15, 2009

MEDITATION #7

I didn't go to yoga class today. In fact I spent most of the day sleeping. I was up a good part of the night coughing so I guess I needed the rest. I did take Buddha to the park in the late afternoon. But other than that I really didn't do a damn thing today. I may still try to do a double tomorrow, but will have to play it by ear depending on how I feel.

Today's meditation addresses the idea that we cannot save the world without saving ourselves first. Gates says, "Many of us have spent years trying to ameliorate the world's suffering without first confronting our own." This concept also really rings true for me. Already from doing yoga consistently over the last several weeks I feel like I'm "showing up" more in my everyday life. I feel like I have been more productive on my job. I feel like I am more pleasant and patient in my daily interactions. I am also more present with the people I care about, even while I have less time to spend with them. Quality over quantity - right?

Most importantly, though I find that I am being more patient with myself. That's what today was about. I felt under the weather and tired and crampy. So I gave myself permission to relax and lounge in bed all day long. Tomorrow is another day but for tonight I am going to continue to take it easy and not worry that I didn't accomplish everything that I wanted to do. Today was all about getting healthy again. The task list can wait till I'm feeling better.


Today's Weight: 216.0


Today's Food Choices:
2 apples
Teeccino Maya Chai w/ almond milk & stevia
4 slices veggie pizza - no cheese
(leftover from Papa John's)
vegetarian pho soup
(leftover from SuperPho)
15 baby carrots
1 small brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment