Friday, February 20, 2009

MEDITATION #12

Bikram Kaimuki - class #45
6:30 pm w/ Kevo

Another good class. So weird because when I first started I used to dread Kevo's class and now I actually look forward to it. I like that he pushes harder than most of the teachers. I like that he moves through the standing series quickly even while holding many of the poses extra long. I *really* like that he opens the door frequently. I'm sure that a big part of it is that I am getting better at pacing myself during his class. Tonight I think I might have pushed a little too hard in the spine-strengthening series because my lower back is feeling a bit pinched. But I still finished strong. Very nice.

In today's meditation Gates addresses letting go of judgment about our practice. He says, "As long as we stand apart in judgment, we sabotage the opportunity for connection and integration in yoga." This is something that I struggle with. I know rationally that I must release judgment, but I still hang on to it just the same. I am an analyzer. I like to pick things apart in order to see what makes them tick. I like to figure out why things happen. I especially tend to do this in my yoga practice and with my eating habits. The truth is that at the end of the day the "why" really doesn't matter. It only matters what you do in the next moment.


Today's Food Choices:
20 oz cafe mocha w/ soy milk
lemon poppyseed muffin
(10 am - The Patisserie)
large green salad w/ toasted sesame dressing
1 vegetarian samosa
(1:30 - Govindaji's)
fruit salad - pineapple, grapes, cantaloupe & honey dew
8 oz Kombucha
(5:00 pm - work)
stone-ground white corn chips w/ fresh salsa
(9 pm - home)


No comments:

Post a Comment