Monday, February 23, 2009

MEDITATION #15

Bikram Kaimuki - class #47
8:15 pm w/ Kevo

Another really great class for me. My goal was to hold camel for the entire time both sets. Low and behold - what do you know? I ACTUALLY DID IT!! I've got to admit that I was a tad slow setting up, but I freekin' held the pose for the entire time. And Kevo holds camel extra long, especially the second set. I am so ridiculously proud of myself right now.

It all began because today I read through an old post where I mentioned that I held camel until I thought I was going to pass out. Then I started thinking about the worst that could happen if I stayed upside down like that even after I thought that I couldn't. Would I actually pass out? Would I collapse backwards? Would I fling forward? I realized that the answer to all of those scenarios was probably "no" - so I decided to try it. I made up my mind to stay in that one particular posture for the entire time both sets just to see what would happen.

Holy cow talk about a breakthrough. I felt dizzy and nauseous and a whole host of different emotions. I even saw black spots for about 30 seconds or so after coming out of it. WOW. I set my intention, I tapped into my power, and I succeeded. Now I am going to have to try this with other postures I struggle with. ;))

Today's meditation talks about drishti or the concept of gaze point in yoga and compares it to the Native American practice of teaching their children active observation. Gates says, "Our yoga practice allows us to participate in this tradition. Our willingness to see what we are looking at allows us to perpetuate it." I really like this concept. Wayne Dyer calls it becoming the observer. This is something that can have tremendous benefit in all aspects of life. Look without judgment at what's happening and *really* see what you're looking at. So obvious yet so profound.



Today's Food Choices:
20 oz cafe mocha w/ soy milk
blueberry muffin
(9 am - The Patisserie)
bbq tofu foccacia sandwich
green salad
(2 pm - Umeke)

No comments:

Post a Comment