Saturday, February 7, 2009

Welcome to my new blog dedicated to my yoga journey.

I began practicing Bikram Yoga regularly on Jan 1st, 2009. To date I have completed 35 classes in in the past 37 days. I lost about 10 lbs during this time, which is pretty amazing because I was eating a 990 calorie McDonalds breakfast 4-5 days a week. But I wanted to lay the foundation of daily yoga practice first before I tackle my diet.

In the past I've tried all kinds of fasting programs and really strict food plans; only to boomerang back into even worse eating habits. This time I want to build one layer at a time so that the changes will be permanent.

This blog will be about yoga as I deepen my practice, but I will also be blogging about my food choices and issues that come up as I set out to release 75-80 more pounds. I have decided to work through "Meditations from the Mat" by Rolf Gates. So I will post my thoughts on the daily meditations as well.

Bikram Yoga is my foundation. I will be going to the Kaimuki Studio here in Honolulu for 6-7 classes every week. The cardinal rule is that I can't ever miss more than one day in a row unless I am really and truly sick. When I travel I have Bikram's audio cd in case there isn't a studio nearby. I'm also thinking that I will incorporate Baptiste Power Yoga at home, probably 2-3 mornings a week. And I may take one day off because I feel like sometimes my body does better with a full day's rest. The goal is 9 classes per week and I do realize that is a very ambitious plan. But that is subject to change at any time if I feel a different routine will serve me better. Bottom line: I am trying to make big changes in my life and that is going to require BIG efforts made consistently on my part.

Aloha, Namaste, & Thanks for reading.

Today's Weight: 219.5

TOTAL OF 16.5
POUNDS LOST

Today's Food Choices:
2 med apples
large vegetarian tostada salad w/ fried shell
(lettuce, beans, tomatoes, olives, sour cream, cheese, salsa)
4-5 chocolate covered macadamia nuts
cheese quesadilla w/ salsa & guacamole
1/2 cup Dreyer's Light caramel swirl ice cream
8 oz Kombucha

No comments:

Post a Comment