Friday, February 13, 2009

MEDITATION #6

Bikram Kaimuki - class #40
6:30 pm w/ Kevo

I had another really good class tonight. I am actually pretty darn proud of myself. The nice thing about having a hard teacher is how fantastic it feels when you improve to the point where their class gets less hard. That is what happened tonight. I didn't struggle nearly as much as I usually do in Kevo's class. It wasn't easy by any stretch of the imagination. It was just much smoother and I didn't feel like I was gonna die by the time we hit the floor. ;))

Today's meditation was such a powerful message for me. It talks about the twin paths of practice and renunciation. Gates says, "Renunciation on its own has no staying power. You can renounce bananas all you like, but if you continue to live in your banana home on your banana street, if you keep your job at the banana warehouse and hang out with your banana-gobbling friends, you'll be eating bananas before you know it." WOW! No fucking shit. Then he goes on to say, "Practice is doing the work. It is following up the intention with action." Profound. This applies to so many areas of my life. Hmmm. I think I'm going to let his words digest a bit and revisit them tomorrow.

On that note - new plan. I have not been able to motivate myself to get up once this week to do the Baptiste video. So I think I am just going to focus on Bikram for now. I feel like I should mention that I also walk my dog, Buddha, every morning before I go to work. I usually take her out for 30-60 minutes Mon-Fri and then to the dog park on the weekends. I've had a really tough time getting up extra early to do a yoga video in addition. And it's a much bigger priority for me to get her out and exercised before I leave her alone all day. With the craziness of my schedule it's better for me to let go of this particular goal for the time being.

That being said, I am going to try to finish up 60 Bikram classes in 60 days. Today is day 44 and I've done 40 classes so far. If I do 4 doubles and don't miss any classes out of the next 16 days, I am there. I'm planning a double tomorrow (Sat), a double on President's Day (Mon), and then a double on each of the following 2 Sundays. As long as I beat this sinus thing by tomorrow I can totally handle that. If not, then my backup plan is to do doubles both Sat & Sun for the last 2 weekends in February. Piece of cake. Not exactly the sixty in sixty that Bikram advocates but close enough for my first time around.

Today's Weight: 218.5


Today's Food Choices:
Egg McMuffin
sandwich
hash brown patty

large vanilla iced coffee
(McDonald's - I am going to have to look more closely at this addiction)
9 Hershey's kisses
4 chicken rolled tacoes w/ cheese, guacamole, sour cream, salsa & lettuce
(from Just Tacoes)
1 small brownie still hot from the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment