Tuesday, February 10, 2009

MEDITATION #3

Bikram Kaimuki - class #38
8:15 pm w/ Jeremy

Jeremy is another of my very favorite teachers right now. He has such good energy - so friendly and supportive. It doesn't hurt that he's also totally yummy to look at. He's not as hard as Kevo but he still kicks our butts. Today was another difficult class for me. I have been kind of hitting a wall when we get to the floor for the last few classes. Today it could have been that I didn't eat as many dense calories as I'm used to. I don't really know. I did still try every posture, though I didn't go too far into any of the cobra series and I came out way early on both sets of camel. But I still tried them all. In fact, I haven't sat out a single posture since I've begun this regular practice. I know that the time may very well come when I truly need to lie down and rest. But for now I continue to push through.

Today's meditation talks about the need to do all eight limbs of yoga at once rather than sequentially. Gate says, "Each time we come to the mat, we have an opportunity to work the entire path, moment by moment." I really love that. And I feel that, that is exactly what I am doing. The yoga spills over into all areas of my life and I am calmer and more centered throughout my day. If I feel this good after less than six weeks on the path, I can't even begin to imagine how fantastic I will feel after 6 years. Because this is my way of life now and I cannot conceive of going back to where I was before I started on this journey.


Today's Weight: 218.5

TOTAL OF 17.5 POUNDS LOST

Today's Food Choices:
egg, spinach & feta wrap
grande caramel macchiato w/ soy milk
(from Starbucks)
large slice cheese pizza - square pan, deep dish
(from Papa John's)
32 oz pineapple, banana, spinach, & mint smoothie


No comments:

Post a Comment