Saturday, February 28, 2009

MEDITATION #19

Bikram Kaimuki - class #52
4:30 w/ Kevo

I was really tired and low energy all day, but I drug my butt to the studio and had another great class w/ Kevo. I'm still a little surprised at how well I am able to do in his class these days. Because, in the beginning I was seriously intimidated by him. What a difference a couple of months can make. I held standing bow-pulling in the second set for the longest ever for me. I also held camel again for the full extended version that he teaches. Triangle I kept falling forward cause I was having a hard time keeping my balance. But overall a very solid practice.

Today's meditation talks a little more about ahimsa as the practice of not only listening to the voice of lightness but also "cultivating that voice, trusting that voice, acting upon that voice." Gates discusses the idea that the darkness sometimes seems to have a greater pull. I beleive that this is true especially in our society. It's almost cool to be negative and down on everything, but then considered naive to be always expecting the best. I do think that this is changing, however. Maybe we're finally arriving at a critical mass of spiritual warriors bringing love and light to this crazy, mixed up world we live in.

For some reason I am reminded of an excerpt from the Dead Sea Scrolls that a spiritual advisor suggested I use as a daily affirmation of the powerful truth about every one of us human beings:

I am that I am
I am the open door which no man can shut
I am the light that lightens every man that cometh into the world
I am the way
I am the truth
I am the light
I am the resurrection
I am the ascension into the light
I am the ascension into the light
I am the fulfilling of all my needs and desires of the hour
I am abundant light poured out upon all life
I am perfect sight, hearing, and health
I am the manifest perfection of being
I am the illimitable light of god made manifest everywhere at all times
I am that I am

Today's Weight: 213.5

TOTAL OF 22.5 POUNDS LOST


Today's Food Choices:
24 oz pineapple, banana, spinach, mint, almond milk smoothie

(10 am - home)
vegetarian stuffing w/ celery, cranberries, & walnuts
(1 pm - home)
spaghetti w/ marinara sauce & frozen veggies

(8 pm - home)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Camel! This is my favorite posture because it's the hardest for me, and I love it when I can get through it and not come out.

    Thanks so much for sharing your food choices for the day. I do a ton o raw vegan and veggie myself. It completely healed me from asthma symptoms and a whole host of other crazy ailments.

    I'm truly loving your blog. I'm also truly envying the fact that you live in such a beautiful place! I'm in crazy cold Chicago!! There are train tracks right outside my window as I type. I'm smack dab in a cold, concrete jungle. When I read your blog, I feel the warmth, and I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete