Monday, February 9, 2009

MEDITATION #2

Bikram Kaimuki - class #37
8:15 pm w/ Tom

Tom has become one of my favorite teachers. He's not too, too hard and I really like his easy-going style. Mon and Wed I am taking Anatomy & Physiology at the local community college after work. And *then* I go to yoga after that. So these are 14 hour days for me. I was very tired from my long day, but I still had a good class. My balance was a little off. And I'm still finding that I push really hard through the standing series and then I'm kind of spent when I get to the floor. I did stay in camel for the full time both sets - so at least that's some progress. ;))

Today's meditation goes through the 8 limbs of yoga and compares them to spokes on a wheel that serve to compliment the whole. But the part that rang true for me was when he talks about the eight limbs as a map, emphasizing that the journey is more important than the destination. Gates even goes on to say that all that is really necessary is for us to remain open to our spiritual potential and be willing to take action. Deep, huh? I am going to try to remember that.

Today's Weight: 219.5

Today's Food Choices:
Egg Mc Muffin sandwich
hash brown patty
large vanilla iced coffee
(yes - I succumbed to the pull of Mc Donald's)
veggie & avocado sandwich on a croissant
small bag of Cheetos crunchy
16 oz strawberry banana apple juice smoothie
8 oz Kombucha


No comments:

Post a Comment